Search this Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Celebrating Jane Austen’s Birthday at Walcot Church

DSCN3487WalcotChurch

The Jane Austen Centre in Bath are organising a celebration on the occasion of Jane Austen’s birthday on December 16th. The event takes place at St Swithin’s church, Alcot, where Jane Austen’s parents got married and her father, George Austen, is buried. St Swithin’s Church is located off the Paragon (below), where Jane Austen stayed with her uncle and aunt Leigh-Perrot when she first visited Bath in 1797 at the age of 22.


A wonderful chance for those in the UK to celebrate our favourite author! 

(I wish I could be there)

Here’s the invite:

 

Celebrating Jane Austen's Birthday

with

Music, Mulled wine, Mince pies and Musings!

on

Thursday 16th December 2010
at
St Swithin's Church, Paragon, Bath BA1 5LY
Doors open 7pm starts at 7.30pm till 9.30pm
Tickets £5 each includes interval refreshments
Available from our online giftshop www.janeausten.co.uk
By telephone 01225 443000 ext 202
By post and in person from:-
Jane Austen Centre, 40 Gay Street, BATH BA1 2NT

4 comments:

  1. Anna,

    me too... I mean, be there.

    lovely photo from St Swithin's Church

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd get there if I could Anna. Thursday 16th, I'll be getting my youngest, Abigail, off to school. Maybe I'll get a phone call to ask me to cover a teacher who is sick, in some far flung school.

    Apart from that I live about 150 miles from Bath.

    A Bath visit, I have to plan for, almost as much as you, Anna.

    Now having had a good grumble, I must say, I would love to be there.

    All the best,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rachel! Yes, we are unlucky... :)

    @Tony: Bath is a little far from you... and I've noticed that travel in the UK isn't the fastest in the world.
    I'm already planning for my next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved the photos. Thank you for sharing them, Anna.

    ReplyDelete

Would love for you to add some valuable comments and feedback!